Full-Time, Part-Time & Substitute Child Care Teachers Needed.
Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider joining a team where you will be recognized and appreciated for your contributions. Become an early educator with The Child Development Center at York First Church of the Brethren!
At the Child Development Center at York First Church of the Brethren, our mission is to nurture the children in a safe, stimulating, and positive environment – so they are able to explore and learn through play – to be prepared for school and for later on in life. Our curriculum is creative, engaging, and makes learning fun. Since we recognize that everyone learns differently, we celebrate these differences and it shows! Our classrooms address the physical, social, emotional, and academic needs of each child and they are in alignment with the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards.
After 90 days, as a full-time member of our team you will:
- Be eligible for a monthly medical insurance stipend/reimbursement
- Be eligible to participate in ancillary dental & vision plans available
- Accrue Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and have EIGHT Paid Holidays
- Save for Retirement
- Have Paid Professional Training
- Be eligible for Childcare Discounts (75% off)
- Be part of a PA Keystone STARS accredited center
- Be part of a team where members are appreciated and recognized for their service!
- Work with other team members who loves what they do because they can have FUN while working!
Our teaching team members:
- Meet the Pennsylvania DHS requirements for child care employees (see below)
- Are energetic, dynamic, and have a passion for early learning & child development
- Values an atmosphere of originality, responsibility, and integrity
- Have a proven ability for taking initiative, embracing change & challenges, and excels at seeking solutions
- Understand that every child learns differently and make adjustments accordingly
- Work well as a team focused on synergy and positive outcomes
- Communicating daily toward building a positive and professional relationship with parents and teammates
- Preparing, evaluating, and implementing daily plans and activities within the center for your assigned group of children.
- Supervising the children entrusted to your care – supervision is defined as the ability to see, hear, assess, and direct children.
- Arranging and maintaining a well-ordered classroom environment that is warm, safe, and caring for the children.
- Overseeing meals, snack time activities as well as rest/nap time.
- One of the following will be required:
- A High School diploma and at least 2500 hours (= 1+ year) of experience working with children/human services; or
- A Child Development Associate (CDA); or
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Development & Family Studies, Child Development or Special Education (preferred); or
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field and prior experience working with children
- Must be 18 years of age and fluent in the English language.
- All employees at childcare centers (as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services) must have prior to starting 4 childcare clearances (FBI Fingerprinting, State Police background check, PA Child abuse, NSOR) and new employees must provide proof of a completed health physical and TB test to begin employment. The TB test and physical must have been completed within 12 months prior to hire.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work.
- Are driven to give his or her best each day
- Need to complete the pre-interview screeners to be eligible for an interview
At the Child Development Center at York First Church of the Brethren our passion, dedication, and our team members set us apart from other centers.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact in children’s lives, join our team and make a difference! For us, there is no higher calling than helping children reach their full potential! We’re committed to working with passionate teachers and investing in your career-both at work and beyond!
Location: East York, PA:
Position Statuses: Full-Time, Part-Time, and Substitute Teacher positions available
The Child Development Center at York First Church of the Brethren is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Substitute, Internships and Volunteers
We have enhanced protocols to ensure the safety of our team and our families not limited to and including: Team members and children 2+ wear facial coverings at all times. Social distancing is observed. Some team members spend time each AM/PM helping retrieve and deliver children for Front Door drop-off/pick-up. Everyone gets a wellness check and a no-touch temperature reading prior to admittance to the center. Not accepting visitors inside – teaching team and children. As well as COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
At this time our COVID-19 considerations are being observed.